Perks of being a teacher, BREAKS BABY! I enjoyed 2.5 weeks off of work and it was the best thing ever. But to add a cherry to the top of that, I was able to test drive the 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD for a week. Although everyone was at work, I still managed to find some great places.
The drive was so smooth, I fell in love. To be quite honest, I really believe that my next car will be a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring. It was so spacious and I felt like I was really in control. If you have read my other car reviews, you will know that I drive a 2013 Hyundai Accent Hatchback and that baby is tiny. When I drive it, I feel like I get tossed around by the wind and all the other bad drivers in TX. Speaking of bad drivers, there was a moment where everyone had to slam on their breaks, including me. I liked that I was high up to see around me and what options I had so that I would not hit another driver. I was safe! The breaks were amazing and others were able to stop just in time.
- First stop was apartment hunting! I was excited to roll around in this pretty girl. I have been looking for apartments in the Lewisville area and I found a couple that I love that is in my price range.
- Second stop shopping, I used the GPS system to locate some places near me as I worked on updating my wardrobe. Found the Southlake Town Square and fell in love. They had all the Christmas lights up at night and it was beautiful. Some amazing shops in a very cute place. If you haven’t been, you should.
- Third Stop, downtown Dallas. I love Downtown Dallas. I actually parked the car and used the free trolly to explore the areas!
- Fourth stop, MovieHouse, this theater is so dope. The Leather recliner seats were so comfortable. I watched Office Party. It was ok!
- Fifth stop, Dallas Baptist University. I went on a Joyride at night to see if I could get lost. Saw this beautiful place from the freeway and had to go check it out. This university made me want to go back and get another Masters degree or PH. D. It was during their break so it was empty. But I got out and took pictures. This campus is so gorgeous.
I made more runs around the city because it was so much fun. I realized while driving this 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD that driving should be fun and enjoyable. I just wanted to be in the car. I noticed I don’t like driving as much but realized I just don’t feel super safe in mine. This Mazda, made me just want to drive to the corner because of how I felt in it.
The leather seats, the control system, the height off of the ground was perfect for me.
Top 5 Features
- Fuel Efficient– I drove a full tank in 5 days, but realize DFW is huge. I live in Arlington so going to Dallas about 20 miles, going to Plano and back THREE times was a total of about 120 miles. The 2016 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring FWD gets 26 / 33 / 29 MPG I also like that it tells me how many miles till empty.
- i-ACTIVSENSE – Mazda Radar Cruise Control w/ Close Proximity Warning – Smart Brake Support w/Collision Warning I am sure this played a major role when I had to slam on my breaks. It also, always lets you know if someone is in your blind spot.
- Spacious, there was a lot of space and because it is an SUV, it has a hatchback plus you can put the seats down. I love that. I feel like I would use that a lot since I feel like I would move again.
- Keyless entry and push to start, had to get used to that and then I did and gave back the car where I had to unlearn those habits. It is so easy just to press start.
- MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System with controls in the middle next to the seat. Makes things so much easier to navigate. You operate the music, navigation and more. I love how easy it is.
Seriously, I really do think this one will be my new car. I really loved it. Are you thinking of purchasing a car? What would you look for in one? What are the NON-NEGOTIABLES?
More Specs visit their site for more information.
- 19-inch alloy wheels
- Auto on/off headlights
- Power sliding-glass moonroof
- Heated side mirrors
- EPA-estimated mileage city/highway (mpg): 25/332
- Rain-sensing windshield wipers
- Dual-zone Automatic Climate Control
- Leather-trimmed sport seats
- 8-way power driver’s seat with power adjustable lumbar support
- Bose® Centerpoint® Surround Sound System with AudioPilot® and 9 speakers
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio with 4-month trial subscription9
- Halogen fog lights
- Rear privacy glass
- Mazda advanced keyless entry system
- Mazda Navigation System
- 40/20/40 split folding rear seatback with fold down center armrest
- Heated front seats
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
- Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
- Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM) System8
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert8
- Halogen headlights with auto off and Daytime Running Lights
- Dual body-colored side mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Rear roofline spoiler
- Push button start
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch down/up feature
- Power door locks with keyless remote entry
- Steering wheel-mounted audio, phone and cruise controls
- Bluetooth®3 hands-free phone and audio capability
- Auxiliary input jack and USB port
- Dual 12-volt power outlets (front and cargo area)
- Multi information display with trip computer
- Advanced front air bags, front seat-mounted side-impact air bags and side-impact air curtains4
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) & Traction Control System (TCS)5
- MAZDA CONNECT™ Infotainment System6
- 7-inch full-color touch screen display
- Multifunction Commander Control
- Infotainment system voice command
- HD Radio™
- Aha™ internet radio integration
- Pandora® internet radio integration
- Stitcher™ internet radio integration
- Radio Broadcast Data System program information
- SMS text message audio delivery and reply
- E911 automatic emergency notification
- Rearview Camera7
Disclosure: I was given this car for free for the week but all opinions are my own!