Greetings beautiful people,
2016 is quickly coming to an end! Some of us had an amazing year, some of us are ready for 2017, either way, we still have a month to make some things happen. I personally have been checking things OFF of my Write It Down and Make It Happen List. A lot is about to change in 2017 whether we are ready for it or not, but no time like the present to shift some things around your life.
Reflecting on 2016, my theme for 2016 was called, “Year of the Grind” where I was just grinding to get where I am now (Blog to Come Soon). 2017, I am calling the Year of Yes AND No! Yes to new opportunities that align with where I am going in life. No to things, people and everything else that does not bring me joy!
I asked my Facebook family to see what they called their 2016 and what they want their 2017 to be called, here are some of their answers:
- 2016 is the year of surprising changes. 2017 the year of Ain’t God good?!
- 2016 is the year of transitions and acknowledgment for me. 2017 will be the year of change and prosperity.
- 2016 is/was the year of “assume nothing“! 2017 will be the year of clear and consistent validation and faith restoration!
- 2016 was for sure the year of new beginnings for me and chances! 2017 will be the year of me stepping out on faith and asserting faith when doors close and “NO” is the answer from people. Faith is the answer and it’s scary but it can make all things possible.
- 2016 has definitely been the year of SWEAT EQUITY, laying the foundation, planting seeds, building relationships, GIVING THANKS, learning from all the tests, AND drawing closer to my Source! 2017 is definitely going to be a year of GROWTH, strength, a Celebration of SUCCESSES, new horizons, and an abundance of JOY, Peace, and BLESSINGS!
So beautiful people, it is your turn. What would call 2016 and what are you calling 2017? Let me know!!! Be sure to comment below.
As we leave 2016 behind, sometimes, in fact, a lot of the times we should be letting go of some things. Somethings need to stay in 2016. Here are some things I am leaving behind…
- Apologies– I apologize for being me far too much and that discounts who I am and that is not right.
- Excuses for others– I tend to make excuses for others behaviors and that is not my role…
- Waiting on people to do things with me– I miss out a lot on things I really want to do because I want to do with someone. I watched a silly but good movie called How to Be Single and it sparked some amazing energy on the reason why I need to do things alone and enjoy my singleness.
Do you know the Art of Letting Go?
- Think of the things, thoughts, people and habits, write it down.
- Be honest, do you want to remove these things? If so, proceed to next step.
- Remove these things, thoughts habits and people that stunt the growth of progression.
- Replace things with positive thoughts, people and habits.
- Enjoy the process.
- Get ready for better.
What are you leaving behind? What CANNOT tag along with you in 2017?
Last year, I created a post called 8 Life Lists We Should Make.What I learned in the process is that when you write things that you want to accomplish down and you look at it daily in task form, it is more likely to happen. I don’t know about you, but I am a TO DO list type of gal. I challenge you to create a list of Last Minute Things to Accomplish in 2016. Hopefully, these are things that will help end your year with a BANG, or set your 2017 up beautifully. Below are a few things that I am working on…
LIST: Last Minute Things to Accomplish in 2016
1. Creating online classes and webinars
2. Update my LLC for my business
3. Finish blogs that are in DRAFT MODE
Earlier, I talked about Write It Down, Make It Happen and I read over my pages last night and I was so surprised on everything that had been accomplished since I wrote it, which was just in September. I realized, I made some pretty simple but beautiful goals. I think I need to really go in on these goals I want to accomplish. For example, Instead of saying travel at least 4 times a year, I will be more specific no matter the cost. I am a believer and in the Bible, God says, to write the vision and make it plain, which doesn’t mean to be broad or vague with it but make it so clear that even a three-year-old can understand.
So as we wrap up December and gear up for 2017, I challenge you to reflect on where you were this time last year, where you are at now and plan for the future. I can honestly say, I had NO IDEA that I would be doing what I am doing today, this time last year.
So let’s chat!!! Be sure to comment below, email me or connect via Twitter.
Peace and Love,