It is Monday morning! Happy day to you! I hope that you have a great week and some amazingness happens to you! Time for Motivation Monday, getting out of that comfort zone! 5 Tips to do so! Enjoy beautiful people. Be sure to nominate a black business that is doing some great things!
Over the weekend I was reminded often that in order to reach destiny or progress in life, you must step out of your comfort zone. We can be so confined to being comfortable and that is fine but if you are at a point in your life like me where you are craving more out of life, then being comfortable is not an option. When you desire to be great, being comfortable is so uncomfortable.
Over the past few months, while really getting serious about my blog, I have met and watched some pretty dope bloggers doing some amazing things and I cannot help but think how uncomfortable it is for them everyday to actively pursue their dreams in the way they are doing it. What they are doing has no set result, it changes all the time. It is easy to go to work everyday and expect your check for the same amount every other Friday. But these bloggers and entrepreneurs do not know what is coming and they hope for the best.
When I think about my dreams and goals I get nervous because of how big they are. My previous pastor would always say, “How big is your ask?” In the religious sense it was asking about your faith in God, is it big enough to where only GOD can provide or is it small where you can manage on your own? In a more worldly sense, the quote, “If your dreams don’t scare you then they are not big enough” comes to mind.
The last week I stepped out on faith believing and seeking more and greater out of life, I resigned from my job. I do not have anything lined up yet but it is me knowing that there is more out there for me. I took it a little further and decided to leave Minnesota to move across the country. Do you know how big this is? Recently divorced young female ready to live a life that is for me and no one else. Even if I fail, I will have at least tried, step out of my comfort zone and lived life the way I wanted to.
That comfort zone is no joke, you get in that place where you are more scared than excited about life. I feel that as the older you get you think more about the realities of life and that you have to have a job, all the bills you have to pay, looking to start a family and then you get consumed and then it is no longer about just you. But this post is for those that really want to step out of that zone and really live. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” So here are some tips for those that really want to step out.
5 Tips for Getting Out Of Your Comfort Zone
- Assess the capacity of your bubble compared to what is out there that the world has to offer you. The question, what would you do if you knew you could not fail plays a big role here. What are the things that you want to accomplish in life? Are those things easily achievable in your comfort zone? Write a list of everything you want to do big or small no matter how crazy it may seem but let’s keep it legal 🙂 Then see what you can do to do those things and go from there.
- Stop making excuses about why you cannot do certain things, MAKE ADJUSTMENTS. My previous pastor always had some great things to say that always made my brain flow like crazy. We come up with a million excuses as to why we are not doing what we say we want to do. Sure you have three children and you being an entrepreneur seems so far off that you explain over and over that you cannot live your life because of others. Here is an adjustment, start SMALL, please do not quit your job to start your lifelong dream of owning a bakery. You can cater small events and raise money, but here is the kicker- get your children involved. When you do that, you are leaving a legacy of a great skill to pass down, you are spending quality time with your children and you still get to do what you love.
- Start saying yes to things you are afraid to do. It is so easy to say no to advancement or an opportunity to bring you out of your comfort zone. For awhile, I was nervous to talk in front of people, I could not stand it. But somehow I kept being asked to present and I even had to sing in front of people. Talk about nerve-wracking, but I eventually loved it and got so much better at it. To this day though, I get nervous but I do it anyways. What things are you saying no to that could help you get out of your comfort zone?
- Expose yourself to new things you have never tried or would never imagine yourself trying. Ok before you go and quit your job and uproot your life to explore a new chapter in life, maybe you just start by switching up your habits. Do things out of your normal routine. Read a new genre of books, listen to music you have had negative judgements about, speak to a total stranger about life. My mom is a beautiful big chicken and I love her dearly. She and I are the same but different, I love to explore and taste foods that many people would frown upon. My mom would have a hard time trying something new and get out of her comfort zone. It took her over 50 years to try shrimp and when she finally did she loved it. She started trying new things but still needs some work but that was progress and when you expose yourself to new things your perspective on that thing and on life changes for either the good or the bad.
- Just move towards your goals. Many people do not even take that first step and that I believe is failure. You have to
move forwards and not backwards. Sometimes you may need to just stand still until it is the right time but as long as you are taking steps toward your goals then that right their is success. You have to trust in yourself that you will do great things. So many people can encourage you to do things but at the end of the day it is your life, your feet, your dreams that only you can control.
So what are some other ways to get out of your comfort zone?
Do you know someone who is stuck and would like to explore but does not know where to start? Be sure to send this to them and let them know I can talk them through it.
Are you stuck and don’t know how to move forward? Let’s talk.
Are you really living life and enjoying it? Please leave some tips below to encourage others.
Be sure to check out that last Motivation Monday , 5 Mantras to Live Better, for more encouragement.
Well thank you for reading, be sure to comment, like, share and subscribe!
Peace and Blessings,